Founding Partner, Attorney
John has 33 years of experience representing debtors in bankruptcy and debt-related matters and is a former Chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Nebraska State Bar Association.
John graduated in 1989 from the Creighton University School of law and started his own law firm from day one.
After a short while, he became very interested in bankruptcy law. John loves working with normal, everyday people and really enjoys helping them with financial problems. There is no better feeling than seeing the stress, anxiety and depression be lifted from their faces!
John has appeared on radio shows and has lectured to banking groups on issues regarding bankruptcy and collection practices.
John is licensed to practice law in the State of Nebraska and Iowa.
Area of Expertise
- J.D. (Juris Doctor degree), Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 1989
- B.S., Computer Science Creighton University Omaha, Nebraska, 1982
- Nebraska, 1989
- Iowa, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa, 2008
Awards and Accomplishments
- 10/10 rating on Avvo
Publications, Media, and Videos
- Wrote the bankruptcy section for the Nebraska State Bar Association Family Law Practice Manual
- Bankruptcy & Family Law- What every family law practitioner needs to know, 2014
- United States Trustee Program annual training session, Bankruptcy ethics- Debtor perspective, 2012
- Aligning Your Practice with the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, Bankruptcy Reform act of 2005 (BAPCPA), 2005