In-Depth Bankruptcy Advice and Representation for Omaha and Iowa
The bankruptcy process exists to provide protection to people who cannot pay off their debts so that those people can get back on track and make a fresh financial start. If you are feeling crushed and overwhelmed by debt, you may want to consider whether bankruptcy is right for you.
At John T. Turco & Associates, we are here to make sure you have the opportunity to explore all of your options. Our knowledgeable lawyers will help you understand bankruptcy and your rights under the law.
Helping You Understand Which Options Are Available
One question many people have when they are first considering filing for bankruptcy is what type of bankruptcy they qualify for. Many people are aware that there are two major types of bankruptcy for individuals, which have different characteristics and requirements. Our attorneys will help you understand your options:
- Chapter 7 debt relief: This type of bankruptcy provides immediate cancellation of your eligible debts when the bankruptcy is approved. More people qualify for Chapter 7 than many believe.
- Chapter 13 reorganization: This type of bankruptcy allows you to partially repay your debts over the course of three to five years. This is a good approach for many people with regular sources of income.
Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys will carefully examine your eligibility and help you sort out the differences between these very different types of bankruptcy.
Providing You With the Information You Need to Decide
Different people file bankruptcy for different reasons, and everyone has their own priorities when it comes to debt relief. At John T. Turco & Associates, we have experience with many different types of bankruptcy cases, and we are fully prepared to address any of the following issues and concerns:
- Immediate relief from financial pressures
- Foreclosure assistance
- Keeping your home and car
- Taxes and bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy and divorce
- Small business bankruptcy
- How to prepare for filing bankruptcy
- Life after bankruptcy
While we hope we can answer many of your bankruptcy questions on our Web site, nothing can replace the advice an attorney will give in response to information about your individual circumstances. Don’t hesitate to contact us to talk to an experienced bankruptcy lawyer.
We can help. Contact us to speak to one of our experienced bankruptcy lawyers or to arrange a free initial consultation. If you cannot come to our Omaha offices, we can consult with you by telephone.